When coupled to a compatible autosampler, the ASXPRESS® PLUS Rapid Sample Introduction System minimizes times for sample delivery, stabilization and washout, increasing throughput up to 5 times or more. By reducing sample delivery, stabilization and washout times, the ASXPRESS® PLUS system optimizes sample introduction and reduces costs from materials, power, maintenance and labor.
- Increase Sample Throughput
- Reduce Sample Uptake, Stabilization
and Washout Time
- Reduce Sample Waste
- Lower Argon Consumption
- Reduce Sample Matrix Exposure on ICP Hardware
- Eliminate Sample Memory Effects
from Peristaltic Pump Tubing
The ASXPRESS® PLUS Rapid Sample Introduction System is compatible with all CETAC autosamplers and several autosamplers from other manufacturers. Detailed compatiblity information can be found below. The links at the left detail compatibility with specific autosamplers.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The ASXPRESS® PLUS Rapid Sample Introduction System increases sample throughput for ICP-AES and ICP-MS analysis by reducing sample loading, signal stabilization and washout times. Using proven technology, the ASXPRESSPLUS combines a metal-free, 6-port injection valve and inert, high-speed vacuum pump to rapidly load the sample loop for introduction to the nebulizer. The design of the ASXPRESS® PLUS facilitates quickly rinsing the sample loop while simultaneously injecting sample into the ICP-AES or ICP-MS nebulizer for analysis. The segmented stream washout technology effectively cleans liquid flow paths more completely and in less time. The result is additional time dedicated to sample analysis, more effective flow path rinse, and reduced time between samples. (Click the thumbnail above to view the animated diagram.*)
Load Position: The sample loop is loaded
sample via the autosampler uptake.
Inject/Rinse Position: The loaded sample is pumped to the nebulizer for analysis while the autosampler probe is moved to the rinse station and is washed.
- More sample throughput in less time by optimizing sample introduction
- Virtually eliminates stabilization time by removing the need for “fast pumping,” improving plasma stability
- Extend the service life of ICP-AES/ICP-MS components such as nebulizers, spray chambers, and sample cones by reducing their exposure to the sample matrix
- Minimize sample consumption
- Reduce laboratory costs associated with argon and power consumption, peristaltic pump tubing replacement, and maintenance
- Easy set-up with minimal modification to the analysis method
- No additional complex software required; all system parameters are stored in the system’s on-board processor
The ASXPRESS® PLUS system is compatible with the CETAC ASX-500, ASX-510, ASX-520, ASX-520HS, ASX-260 and EXR-8 ASX-1400/1600 and ASX-1600 Autosamplers, PerkinElmer S10 and AS-93 PLUS Autosamplers, and Agilent SPS3 Autosampler.
The ASXPRESS® PLUS system integrates with most ICP and ICP-MS systems and can be easily added to samplers currently in operation.
The ASXPRESS® PLUS may be purchased as a complete system with choice of CETAC autosampler or as an upgrade to autosamplers already in operation.
Please contact CETAC for more information on the above listed autosamplers or in regards to operating an ASXPRESS™ system on non-CETAC autosamplers.
Download the free Flash Player now!